Monday, February 9, 2009

Micro Economics What We Can Do To Help It

Hi, so if any of you actually read this and have about 25$ to spare towards supporting a microeconomic loan i would highly suggest going to www.kiva.org. If you've heard about microeconomics the principal is to support small business ventures of people in developing countries. The loans are used to start or expand current business practices. You might remember in 2004 Muhammad Yunus of India was awarded the Nobel peace prize for his work in exactly this field of work. Now we as individuals can perform a similar function on a much more individualized basis. For example if I wanted to donate 25$ for specific project listed on the kiva website I would do so through an account I set up.  After a period of time the loan will be re-payed by the lender. Once the money is reimbursed I will have the option of reapplying the loan to a different project or taking back the money. 

Yes I know a major argument against this is what if they don't pay the loan back, but according to the site and outside critique of the organization over 90% of loans are re-payed. So if you have the  money and wish to help create a sustainable micro enterprise that would be life changing for a whole family I highly suggest you visit this site. 

The link to the site is also located in the side bar of this blog. 

I know I haven't said it before but best wishes to all as they go about their day. 

No comments: